View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:19

A Regicide one of us? Not me, down with them I say! Bugger Limerick's Monuments. Some might say he is a reason why the Hibernians became revolting and required King Billy (not to mention Camperdown, Duncan and the failure Tone) to deliver a trouncing. I suppose the difference between Cantabrian clockwise caldron stirring and that practised around Mare Nostrum might have given rise to some animosity too although the results of their batwool syntheses seem mighty similar to me. You'll be telling me next that the republican bastard only did it for the potatoes.

I went back to school on Sunday (virtually in lieu of the usual 'Old boys' urn-tea and bickie beano) we had both an English lesson (in which I became surprised at how much I had learned since leaving) and a history lesson (at which I wasn't too bad either) I did note however that the death of HLM and self styled supreme founding governor of the State Superstition was presented in a style to satisfy the grottiest of small boys. I knew he had burst but not that the 'extreme post mortem flatulence' may have actually caused an explosion or that the more liquified portion of the remains had not been decently contained. In fact not contained at all and very far from decent.

(Wot evri skoolboi kno)
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 2nd July 2020 at 16:22.