Thread: World Cup
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2018, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.B View Post
You're right, it is where the males cannot dance that they congregate in male dominated groups and discuss the possible need for a new trainer for the local team. But all in all, to be completely ignorant of what is being meant when your neighbor leans over the fence and asks you - "was that hands?", "did he take a dive over his own crossed feet?" or, "what would you give me for murdering that ref?" is certainly not the way to win friends and influence people.

I don't need to know the ins and outs of the 'beautiful game' England team has my support and as my friends tell me its the one with the round ball! I dinna expect my neighbour to know about beam knees, double bottoms, tabernacles, bulkheads and tweendecks when I discuss my past with him, its sufficient I know that he knows ships float (well most of the time anyway) and of course he may know about double bottoms because there are plenty walking around Torquay, and I daint aff te naw abuut futbaall to win friends and influence people, I already have friends who despair at my lack of knowledge, and as you know ignorance is bliss!!