View Single Post
Old 1st September 2023, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naytikos View Post
Years and years ago, whilst driving down a narrow country lane around 3AM on the borders of Wiltshire/Berkshire I came around a corner to be confronted with a herd of Frisians. After getting out of the car and negotiating with the ladies I was able to get past and stopped in the first village I came to with a telephone box.
I dialled 999, asked for 'police' and got a sleepy-voiced gentleman with a broad Wiltshire accent: 'How can I help you?'
I gave the location 'there's a herd of cows blocking the lane';
'Did you hit an animal?'
'No, but someone might if they are not moved';
'Are they black cows, white cows or what colour?'
'They're Frisians',
'What colour are Frisians?'
'Black and White',
'Do you know who owns the cattle?';
'No, I don't live around here';
'May I ask why you were driving down that road if you don't live in the area?'
'It's a shortcut from the A420 to the A4, can you do something about the cattle before someone runs into them?'
'This doesn't seem to be an emergency, may I ask why you dialled 999?'

At that point I gave up. I just hope the farmer went out early for milking and rounded his cows up safely.
Naytikos;4299 . Years ago was driving a Bedford TK lorry delivering animal feeds to farms , one day
coming down a narrow country road came to a bend a lady coming the other way in her car .
i stopped , she stopped, now im on a bend [ 12 ton of animal feed on back ] she shouted to me to reverse back so she could pass , i looked pass her that had a wide gateway and said to her to reverse in said gateway she refused .[ impass ] .

she said to me to move , i told her if she could reverse my 12 ton truck she could try
i turned off engine and put on handbrake , got out my flask of coffee , for a while she called me all the names a lady should not [ i thought only sailors done that ] .
in the end with gears crunching and a lot of swearing she rerversed into gateway , she had the last word as i passed thanking her [ you can guess the word ] .

Tony

Last edited by OLDGIT77; 1st September 2023 at 15:36.