View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:47

[QUOTE=Red-17;720]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartskipper View Post
Permission to join the ship Sir?

I've also done some sailing in my time, and although I have full confidence in Chief Engineer TMac mastering the intricacies of his modern mechanical marvels, it may be prudent to have someone aboard who can rig a few rags here and there in the rigging if we ever come to a sudden shuddering heave to in the middle of the ocean. For example, if we happen to be running downwind when the mechanical elastic bands break, I could jury rig a couple of spinnakers from the foremast to keep us moving, that is if Red-17 could loan me the top half of a bikini.

Welcome aboard Dartskipper, You have every right to have full confidence in Tmac, he can master the intricacies of many things, not just the mechanical marvel thingies??? I would gladly lend you the top half of my bikini Dartskipper but I fear you would have a lot of trouble generating enough wind power from them. Why is it that everyone seems interested in using the top half of my bikini for one thing or another?
When I was sailing in the Bahamas, somebody mentioned Bikini Atoll. I asked him why it was called by that name, and he said because they don't wear any bikinis at all.

Anyway, give a sailmaker any old bits of cloth, some thread and a needle, and you would be surprised at what he can stitch up in short order. (Including the deckie learner dumb enough to buy it from him.)