View Single Post
Old 4th July 2018, 04:21

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wong View Post
Hi Tony, I am trying to upload a pamphlet of BA and as you mentioned about Istanbul on yr flight to Tokyo I had a special encounter when flown from Istanbul to HK via Teheran in 1976 per Panam 707's and would like to share it
It was as soon as we landed at Teheran a lady officer with a walkie talkie was already waiting in the staircase checking our identities and hurriedly put us ( 5-6 ) onto a jeep rushing to another platform where a Panam 747 ( later learnt that it was a clipper flight from New York ) was already there waiting us to board. As I walked up and along the aisle I could feel the almost full house passengers seemed to have waited too long from their eyes and as soon as I made my seat belt fastened the plane was already moving. That was how we made our transit, not too bad all right and must say they were very efficient including luggage transfer but pity the meals we had all along were 3 times all chicken
Had a similar transit in Perth enroute from Melbourne to Port Hedland years ago.
767 flight from Melbourne was late and we were met by a dragon lady with a radio and frog marched from the 767 to a 717 that was already loaded and delayed waiting for us. Needless to say our luggage did not make the connection.