View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine Serang View Post
This raises the question, the Ulster question; Are you one of our atheists or one of their's.

Myself I'm very much an A La Carte Christian. I would give it up completely but this is not the time to be making enemies.
Certainly an Anglican atheist. Despite a High Church upbringing (not at home but at School) I am more deeply suspicious of those employing the graven image than the plain totem. My then colleague Capt. Oztaskin I termed an Anglican Muslim. Both attending EB Carrier (recovering from various insults at Sembawang) he would join us for a bacon sandwich in the galley before 'work' and finished the day with a modest glass of Whisky. Except for the Prophet's Birthday when he was observant (in fact he was upset that he missed the date in Singapore and urgently 'phoned his wife to see if it had been declared the day after in Turkey = it being a 'when the moon is first sighted after' or some such gobbledegook). Nothing to complain of in that. I will also settle down to Carols from King's on 24th. It is at that time I will wish us all the compliments of the season and all the best for 2020. Until then...Bah Humbug!
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan