View Single Post
Old 20th March 2021, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine Serang View Post
I was always of the opinion that condensers were the weak link in a modern steam plant and should be replaced by an integrated, digital electronic, PLC controlled, germanium driven Apple Mac Book obviously with an appropriate IP rating.
Remember the Vital Spark and the Mallard operated very successfully without a condenser.
Yes but they had the patented Harland and Bluff horizontal steam trap, like wot you wuz an apprentice on until you failed the exam Personally I get more satisfaction from a nice four stroke rather than a wheezy two stroke, the length of the shaft makes all the difference.

I am currently domiciled in my palatial funnel suite equipped with lots of A4 and a big box of crayons devising many modifications and enhancements to the thing wot make us go and sends sparks up the chimney thing. I know Varley hates heights but up the chimney is the best place for him as idle hands make light work. I presume this idle hands chappie is suitably qualified in the wire pulling department.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Anything God didn't create was made by engineers.

I try so hard to make things idiot proof but they keep making better idiots