View Single Post
Old 12th November 2019, 05:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
we will be in dry dock for the Christmas break as usual. Not sure which one yet, waiting for Tom to decide.
Air fares home for those that wish to be at home/ I will as usual be staying aboard keeping an eye on the workmen.
Dock timing is being worked out by Tom as we speak.
Gentlemen:: I think I did suggest awhile ago that we dry dock in Lerwick, for old times sake.

I am sorry that I am announcing my retirement as Commodore -- The last week of my Chemo/radiation therapy, and the ensuing week and a half really set me back and I am only just starting to feel a little better. I have another CT scan on Nov 21, followed by an operation on Dec 5th with a 2 week hospitalisation. More follow up treatments aft that. I don't think i'll be in any kind of shape to fulfil my duties.

May I suggest Farmer John as the new Commodore -- he has the seniority ( and an in on supplies of potent potables) plus he has the bridge experience. Dartskipper would remain as Captain?

It has been a pleasure serving you all these past few years, and I will probably drop in from time to time. I will endeavour to keep you posted on my condition.

With all sincerity,

Tom.