Thread: My Uncle Jack.
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020, 18:06

Ray,

We must have passed each other in a street somewhere! I grew up just North of Chadwell Heath, and we would get the bus into Romford most Saturdays for shopping. I can remember Romford Market during the week too when going there in the school holidays. My Uncle, who was my Mum's brother, grew up and lived in Seven Kings until he married Aunt Sybil. Two of my Aunts and Uncles lived in Brentwood in the 1970's and '80s,too. One couple had a bungalow there before moving further out to Woodbridge, the other a nice house before their children got married and moved away.

Uncle Jack would do a tour of as many nieces and nephews as he could every Christmas and leave his presents for them. I would usually get one of the larger Airfix kits, which started a lifelong hobby. I remember getting Dad to help with some of the trickier ones, like the Avro Lancaster, or HMS Hood. Eventually I built others myself, but they have all got lost in various house moves.

Happy days indeed.