View Single Post
Old 24th December 2018, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
I prefer Lambs Gravy myself but with that firewater I'd better double check all the Ex d fittings are closed up. Wouldn't want any accidents. Then I'll ask chief of plasticos if tab-nabs are in order.

By the way, if we are going to visit Nellie in the far North I think we need an Inuit in case we need to shoot a Polar Bear. Kindly ensure he or she is eyesight tested. Some of us of ample build and perhaps something of white fur about a fleshy chin go about their duty in a white boiler suit and do not take kindly to being shot at.
Nellie the Esquimalt is actually Indian, not Inuit. They even named a City on Vancouver Island after her "Nation". The Government of Nunavut selected the term Inuktut to represent all of the Inuit dialects spoken in Nunavut, including Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun.

I believe the Inuktitut is the most common dialect so you'd better brush up on that.
(By the way -- Inuit is actually plural -- if you have an "an" that would be the singular "inu" or man.)

Mind you the songs are in English (unless you are "throat singing" ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yo2YFUxBwo

Last edited by Tom Alexander; 24th December 2018 at 05:53.