View Single Post
Old 17th October 2023, 10:46
Super Moderator

Thanks for replies.
So please to know I am not the only petrolhead or some would say crazy. Just an add on to mine there were also a couple of my wife's cars.
A brown series one Mini. Oh I hated that car especially when I had to change the radiator.
MG Metro - white with red belts and stripes. A good car in lots of ways but we could never get the
heater to work - even after several garage visits.
Nissan Micra 1L. my wife loved this car and had it for 14 years. Would have it back if she could!

One of my fathers buys was a Daimler Majestic - ex chairman of Nabisco biscuits. I loved it and for a very heavy motor with an engine that looked like it was from a lorry. Hit over 100 happily on the A1 but the down side was watching the fuel gauge go down. One time I took it to pick up someone at
Heathrow. At that time no parking in front of the arrival exit all yellow lines. A Policeman seeing the Daimler waved me onto the yellow lines to park! How times have changed.

My fantasy car at present - told unaffordable - is a Bentley GTC with the W12 engine of course. It is possible to buy an early one around 20-30K but it eats fuel and imagine the costs of maintenance.

Neville