View Single Post
Old 21st December 2017, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naytikos View Post
Where children are concerned, my first instincts are to extrapolate from Farmer John's suggestion and give china dolls and lead toy soldiers.
If this has the desired long-term results then it will not be a recurring problem.

I am currently faced with finding something suitable for a 12-year-old boy who spends every waking hour watching football or supposedly 'funny' clips on a cell-phone and a 21-year-old girl who actually looks 13 who I am (slowly) teaching to cook. They come from a Jamaican mountain village where there is no running water (actually I shouldn't comment on that as we don't have running water at this house either), electricity during alternate weeks and cell coverage is sporadic at best.

I have observed two distinct reactions to going into a shop with them: first they look in awe and don't say anything because it seems to be a dream; then they want to buy everything in the shop in case it isn't there on another day.

I'm just like them.....I was told on an/the other site that I should grow up.....don't want to!!

JJ.