View Single Post
Old 6th November 2018, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloggie View Post
Can somebody update me on the GD location please?

Equipment now returned - well most of it - courtesy of DHL who still have an iPad and have relieved me of a couple of hundred quid in customs duty! I had to pay and if I want my money back, need to apply to customs and prove that I am not importing new goods to the EEC!!! FFS!!!

Whatever, we learn.

I hope GD is somewhere nice as I need to relax with several large drinks and some suitable company!

Let me know and I will re-join in an instant.

McC
Although the Chief's directions are logical, I would advise leaving your current place of residence early one morning and then, keeping the sun on your left hand,(don't touch it, unless you have thermonuclear rated oven gloves,) head South. When the Sun is directly overhead, keep heading in the same direction and observe the sun setting on your right hand side in the evening. When you reach the Equator, (there should be a signpost somewhere informing you that you are about to leave the Northern Hemisphere,) turn right. Then by keeping the Sun behind you at daybreak, and keeping a straight course so that it sets ahead of you in the evening, you will eventually come to an Ocean. Start swimming. Keep heading West until you hear the unmistakeable sounds of a Steel Band. You are now in the West Indies. Bear left, head for a canal, and thumb a lift. When you exit the canal, look for a dried ketchup stain that Tom mentioned being on the chart. We are somewhere in the vicinity.

Navigation? Easy peasy……….