View Single Post
Old 31st March 2020, 23:30

Update: Sorry for the delay.

Kit in the final stages. The decals are APPALLING!!!! They break and fall off, even after liberal application of Decal Fix.

The crew door is 100% scratchbuilt - The cats lost the original that I had painted a night before and, after crawling over the entire house with a torch, I submitted!

I decided to glue the entire nose cone on as the cats had also lost an ammo belt and I couldn't be ar$ed to fabricate a new one.

A lot of the parts positions in the instructions are vague and, even at this late stage, I find that parts numbers are incorrect in the plans.

The nacelle covers are a lovely fit though!

I don't think that I will build again at such a large scale - so many hard worked details are lost!

The missiles comprise 24 separate parts and, potentially, 48 decals! I only applied the warhead loops (16 decals) and one "spot" on each tailfin (8x), total 24x decals.

The exhaust pipes represent four hours starboard engine engine and two hours port (experience!).

I have now ordered a new kit from Ukraine but, with COVID 19, who knows when it will arrive. I might fill in with an Airfix Sea Harrier or Lightning in the meantime.

Best Rgds.
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7061.jpg (73.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7062.jpg (65.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7068.jpg (56.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7063.jpg (69.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7064.jpg (87.3 KB, 14 views)