View Single Post
Old 5th October 2021, 06:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
Steward! please request Mr Tmac to join me in the PAX lounge for free drinks and a sing song. Get the Irish cut out up here to play the piano.
We Irish, note the Royal "WE", although the other half may baulk at the term , where were we..... Oh yes; the piano.

We Irish would not tolerate a piano in a bar, thats Cockney carry-on. Chas and Dave and Knees up Mother Brown. We want a half-cut plumber with a guitar doing a nixer for a Tenner and all the lager he can swally. His repertoire will consist of : Ring of Fire, Me and Bobby Magee, Green Glens of Antrim, The Soldiers Song and Dolly's Brae. Occasionally, sometimes, often or always one of the last two songs starts a minor kerfuffle in the Gents which, on a good night, carries on to the Bar, the Lounge and the Street causing an Oul Biddy to phone for the RUC. Being very wise the police drive to the nearest Chipper for fish suppers and let the lads batter away until they run out of steam.

So BB be aware Irish Nights in the PAX Lounge may not be your worst decision. We may even make Lord Vee an honoureree Irishman for the evening.Yee Ha and Tour a loour a laddio.