View Single Post
Old 5th October 2021, 12:09

Honorary. Well, it is certainly not something I would pay for (not even for the evening).

An Hibernian friend's youngest, when suitably lubricated, does all of that ethnic folkwarble accompanied by an obviously uncooperative guitar. He is presently holidaying on the Emerald Isle. I hope that he is practicing while enjoying the black muck that passes for porter there (the latter an accomplishment in which he needs no further practice, much like me and port). Not so much that he improves, an optimist I am not, but that he is sung-out by the time he returns.

If you tell me when the 'music' is due to start I will make sure I have a nice bulkhead to knock my head against (I will try to do it in time, if the performers can keep it). Please don't tell me there will be country dancing as well. As for karaoke - that is closer to the other thing that should not be tried, even by plasticos - not even once.

(On the subject of music, not a single red duster did I see at the last night of the Proms. We should go on strike and let the washed and unwashed alike squeal for their seatraded essentials).
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan