View Single Post
Old 19th October 2020, 14:31

Come on! Summer is barely out and your SAD jab has worn off already?

We agnostics are the club to join however I think it is the only club to which almost everyone belongs, paid up or not.

I presently give no credence to any 'System' except science despite no popular understanding (any understanding) of the first stirring in the primordial soup. That given all that follows is clear and requires no superstition. Therefore I am an atheist you say? Well I certainly am at the moment but, were I to be of sound and ebriate mind, and a heavenly/satanic/elephant-shaped/etc. representative appear before me I would probably tend towards the deity(ies) for which they were lobbying. I think that makes me a well cemented-in temporarily atheist agnostic.

I knew one old bat, visiting her in care until she almost made 102, who would have told a supercharged gold encrusted vision of the Archangel Gabriel that he should not perform conjuring tricks on old ladies and get himself a proper job.

On one occasion when our heroes were observing a world only be the glow of re lights from the alarm tableau Alan Sharpe , chief, put and arm round my shoulder (in an entirely amicable and almost acceptable fashion) with "Davie*, my boy, life is just a bowl of shi-ite".

(*. I know. Anathema, as is touching Mrs V's little boy, but one's chief is one's chief).
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 20th October 2020 at 11:15.