View Single Post
Old 5th May 2017, 21:58

lifeboat

mine was a disaster from the minute we were let go .and one the horizon she went i had my lifejacket on but only a chain breaker under so arms and neck exposed to the sun .forth mate 3 chinamen one middy peggy 2 abs 2 edhs.and what a palaver .toget the sail up took at lease a hour getting the oars and setting them up oh dear needless to say it was the very end of the day when we finally got back to her .I was burned to hell all were hungry so our was a cold meat platter and salad .but the the galley was still full of pots and pans to be done the 2ncook and ass cook had just left it all.you know what it was like when pans are left dry before washed .2 hours to finish and I was knackered .it was the next morning at wake up when the ab shook me look at my face and said bloody hell that I felt the burn . as you know they carried a doc on board the p boat wit 32 passengers but I had huge blisters on my shoulders and neck.arms was in agony so he slathered me all over with cream and put me in the spare cabin that was for the sick bay if needed it was at the end of the catering alleyway by the mess lounge normally it was locked so I had a day to myself just lying on the bunk in fruit of the looms on but felt i was on fire .the chef raised hell with the chief steward over it .so it was sweet that the 2nd an ass cook had to do all the pots and pans and get the galley ready for inspection .but it was back to work the next day but I never stepped outside for the next 2 weeks might have been captain wilkes??