View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
First time I've heard of McAfee being forcibly installed with Windows 10, and I'm running several computers with 10, including this one just upgraded to Version 1903 build 18990.1. Defender is built into Windows 10, but not McAfee. It does sometimes install from various websites as the tickbox to stop that is often small and inconspicuous, but that's the site, not the OS.
I too am seeing blacked out boxes on your screen shot. It should look something like this:
My theme is BLACK. In your image the title box at the top is correct. My title box has a small appendage attached. It will not allow me to include an image of it in this post. The McAfee keeps being added every time I do a full recovery/install. I have deleted it three times after it prompts me to upgrade to premium and pay for it. What annoys me is I have to reset everything to my liking every time I do a reinstall/recovery. Windows Defender can't find the culprit nor can Malwarebytes that I installed last night. Glad for your interest and help.