View Single Post
Old 11th July 2018, 07:16

[QUOTE=gray_marian;15890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-17 View Post
After the recent problems we have had with ES should we really take his word that IJC 38 is a sound man? Is there anyone else who can vouch for him.

Red-17, I can vouch for IJC 38, he is an absolute gentleman and quite the mover and shaker on the dance floor, has been known to associate with high society

As to your qualms re ES, 'I have never met such a contrary Irishman,' he's pussy cat compared to a fellow countryman on another site!
Marian, if I may call you Marian? --- would you like to sign on the crew here on the GD II ?? I think you'd make an ideal companion for Red.

I see you were just a twinkle in your Dad's eye when I sailed out of Princess Dock in Glasgow. Had some friends up in Cardonald -- was quite the ride taking the last tram down the Paisley Road to get back to the ship.(A bit like a roller coaster on steroids as I gather the driver wanted to get home.) I also had a nurse friend who worked in the York Hill hospital, and I used to take the Goven Ferry over to see her. Now there's maritime nostalgia for you!