View Single Post
Old 30th June 2021, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Gibbs View Post
When I was "promoted" ashore in 1972 ( with a significant reduction in salary) I think we were running nearly 70 vessels as Ellerman City Liners as it then became.
Christopher Martin Jenkins was the son of Dennis Martin Jenkins who was the Chairman at the time. Don't know if the family was related to the Ellermans but there may have been a connection through marriage somewhere ? We did most of the Liner Trades; MANZ, Canada -India, Far East, East and South Africa, Med,
For our sins we managed the Carchester that ran gain Canada - Manchester and also Dilkara for PAD and had a share (22%?) in ACT, Ben-Ellerman and Ellerman -Harrison,
The Carchester had what I believe was a quite unique engine - as direct reversing V12 Pielstick 2.2 with a bridge control system that has to be seen to be believed.
I haven't hear the cock crow once let alone three times as I am unable to compare and contrast our supposed levels of snobbishness
Tim I saw some time ago that Dennis Martin Jenkins had been at school with JRE jnr and that is how he got connected to the Company. Alan