Thread: Locked Out
View Single Post
Old 5th April 2023, 18:09

Hi Threebs,

Good to know that you are out of hospital! Follow the indications from your doctors and look after yourself and eat well. Even though everyone else has forgotten about them, use a facemask when you have to go out, say to a doc's appointment (after all, sick people go to doctors!).

I am no expert with your problem but......... If you have a hotmail account, you can use those credentials. Even gmail accepts a hotmail account (much to my surprise on my wife's Android phone). I am not sure about Facebook accounts, but hotmail worked for me with my new, personal, Win 11 laptop. I think that it may be something to do with the "cloud" storage, but I am no techie, and have never been, when it comes to Windows.

As has been said before, Win 11 gives problems when connecting some "old" external devices. I bought an update for my GPS, but have so far been unable to connect it to install. My daughter just arrived from Italy, so I will give it a try with her computer later. Having said that, my previous printer was incompatible a couple of work laptop changes a while back. However, I had planned to get a new one and that installed fine (the old one was hauled off to Italy by my daughter).

Best Regards and good luck with everything.

Dave
Mexico City.