View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:09

Flying to and from work!

Remember flying from London Heathrow to Montreal to join a ship in Sorel about 50 miles up St.Lawrence river from Montreal. Plane was Boeing 707 of B.O.A.C and was quite bumpy over Atlantic managed to survive the turbulence but glad to get off it in Montreal.
I was rushed out there and told ship was waiting for me!! After waiting for three days in hotel the ship finally arrive for me to join!!
Flying home from a BP tanker from Piraeus via Rome to London Heathrow
one crew member was stopped from boarding because he was drunk out of his brains!
Another crew member decided he wanted to open the door after about 10 minutes after take off from Athens to Rome leg of the journey, about 5 other guys jumped on him and held him down till he was calmed down.The guy was eventually taken up to 1st class seating and made to sit between Captain and Chief Engineer, what a way to get an upgrade to 1st class---just be a clown and away you go.This was on a Trident three of B.E.A.
Whilst working for KH in London was sent to France to fix a radar on a French ship
after job was done flew home from Breast to Paris and Paris to London Heathrow on another B.E.A. Trident three.
The approach to London landing on runway 27Left after we touched down the Captain came on over the tannoy and calmly said we have just done the "1st hands off landing"
and thought to myself if I knew he was going to do that I would have waited for the next Plane.
Anothe trip from Liverpool to Isle of man just after take off the Captain came on the tannoy and introduces the crew says I am Captain Smith and my first officer today is Miss
Jones, that being said and the plane virtually all male passengers all cried out oooowhhhh!
a womann flying the plane the Captain said that Miss Jones would be flying that leg from Liverpool to Isle of Man.Most passengers were quite panicky about this as obviouslyit was our 1st trip with a female pilot, aircraft was a Shorts 360 (was a mainly dominated male environment) but heard that there are plenty of female pilots nowadays and seem to do a great job.
Regards FTF