View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 11:14

Well, this one will. Carping at the enjoyment of others because of their superstitions is rather like turning one's disbelief into a superstition of its own. I have been to both humanist and 'Celtic' funerals in the last couple of years and although the latter was truly bizarre the performance of their shamans were no where near as enjoyable as when the job is done properly. The old question of "why should the Devil have the best tunes" is one of the ignoramous. A good tune is a good tune and once written has sod all to do with the composer (except copyright, of course).

It is the the believer's camp that declares "Where dance is, there is the Devil" as far as I am concerned feel free to dance, I may even join you. But not, please, at my front door. For All hallows eve one can pass of ExLax in Cadbury wrappers. For the carol singers something more seasonal is required to mask the taste of bitter almonds.

(Christmas cake making is usually earlier as it must mature a bit before icing. Not as long as pudding which should be made the year before but September would have been better. Is such cake not properly done in Hibernia?)
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan