View Single Post
Old 25th June 2020, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac1720 View Post
Paddy Power??? is he an Orish Injuneer per chance? You have a very poor memory David my lad, you sold me the Green crayons for St Patrick's day celebrations or were you too pissed on the "falling down water" to remember?
Au contraire plombier de la fosse.

For several years St.P's festivities have coincided with the plumbers' posh feast at Guildhall and my annual blow-out in the smoke. I remember these events well as the bloody parade always impedes perambulations around St.James's. Especially F&M and Chequers. Being alcoholically concussed is against Club rules (sandals are not) and whilst Chequers does serve Guinness (and, fortunately, proper beer too) it has the usual rules against serving drunks.

This year, of course, was different but if you made it over here to swipe from my pencil case I'll have the law on to you. Had you caught me late enough on in the day any such theft might have gone unnoticed although I don't know why that should as normally I see two or three of everything then, never do know which stairs lead to Bedfordshire.
It is the duty of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan

Last edited by Varley; 25th June 2020 at 12:52.