View Single Post
Old 14th November 2022, 17:02

A sailor dies one Saturday and appears at the Pearly Gates. Presently St Peter appears and asks him what he wants. "I have been a God-fearing seafarer all my working life, I have worked diligently and been honest in all my dealings never stealing, keeping the Lord's Day holy and being kind to my fellow man". "Ah jolly good" says St Peter "sounds like your application will be accepted but we've a bit of an overtime ban on up here at the moment so just take a seat over there on the grass and we'll process your application on Monday". Wearily the sailor trudges over to the grass verge and sits down to wait for Monday morning. He hasn't been there long when a Solicitor appears and he too rings the bell at the Pearly Gates. Once again St Peter appears and asks him what his business is. "I've been a solicitor all my working life, I have been diligent in all my dealings, done the best for my clients, always kept the Lord's Day holy and been kind to my fellow man". "Ah come in!" booms St Peter. The gate is only just starting to close before the sailor rises sharply from his grassy waiting room and jams a foot in the gate to stop it closing. "Now look here!" he shouts at St Peter. "Here am I with the same claims for admission and yet I have to wait until Monday due to an overtime ban yet the 'effin' solicitor rocks up and is admitted today - Saturday. What's the game?" "Ah says St Peter patiently. We get so few of them up here.

...and while I think about it (thinking of previous posts on names of establishments up and down this fine land) there is a Funeral Directors in Blackpool called Box Brothers! No there really is!