Thread: Flu jabs UK
View Single Post
Old 6th January 2018, 19:38
Super Moderator

Lucy

Interesting article, but there have never been 100% gurantee that the flu strains identified by the World Health Organisation every February, with the vaccine made in March will still be the same strains by September.. It is too long in my opinion, and can lead to much confusion and even mistrust as the thread seems to be turning into.

Always seek advice from your doctors surgery or even pharmacists. Don’t be put off by cost. As I have stated before, the flu is by far the biggest annual killer that I dealt with. personally dealing with hundreds every winter. One Christmas, I had a 100 patients in my place all dying of flu related conditions. This was before flu vaccines, so is hopefullly less these days providing they have the jab. Those who say they have never had the flu or would never have the jab, clearly have never see what I did.

I have only had the flu once during a time when I was fit, but it hit me for six, never been so ill. Some people say they struggle to work with the flu, but all they would have is a nasty cold. With the flu, you would struggle to get out of bed, let alone go to work.

The problem is that the imuune system is shot to pieces by the flu. That is why at risk groups are urged to have the jab, over 65s, those with heart conditions, respiratory problems and many other conditions. There is a full list on line. Or ask at your surgery or pharmacist. The vaccine*stimulates your body's immune system to make antibodies to attack the virus.

I have a bad cold at present, feeling terrible for days non stop coughing, but it is not the flu. Having said that, I have a heart problems, so need to keep an eye on it as do all those with underlying health conditions.

Last edited by pompeyfan; 6th January 2018 at 19:45.