Thread: Flu jabs UK
View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 08:08
Super Moderator

People who have had the flu jab either caught it before they had the jab, or is not the flu at all, but a heavy cold. A lot of people mistake a heavy cold for the flu. Also of course not all strains are covered by the vaccine, which is made in March of every year in the Northern Hemisphere the strains decided by WHO in February meaning later strains will not be covered.

It is also not possible to be a carrier if having the flu jab. The vaccine is not live, so you cannot catch the flu from the vaccine or those that have had it. You are far more likely to catch flu from others who have not had the jab rather than those who have.

Before I retired, I saw hundreds of people die of the flu related illness in my department alone. Therefore, I would recommend everybody to have the jab or at least speak to your doctor. The problem is that the person did not die of the flu itself, but a condition caused by it meaning we would write something like Bronchopneumonia due to Influenza. The flu attacks the immune system, which is why it is so dangerous.