View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2019, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
My Wife didn't make it from her bed to the toilet in the hospital as well. Hope she doesn't read this.
Tugger

Tugger, this reminded me of my appendix operation back in 1972.

About 2 days after the op., I still had a lot of pain and found it difficult to move in the bed even but much worse trying to get to the toilet for a pee, which was luckily just opposite my bed - the last in a very long ward. Anyway, the Sister nurse came to my bed and said abruptly, "Mr Jarman, have you moved your bowels"? Taken aback, having never had anyone ask me that ever before, I said, "They were there a minute ago"! She must have thought I was 'being clever' and stalked off. Five minutes later a very pretty nurse came to me and said that she was to give me a suppository. I said, "Isn't that where they keep books"? "Something like that" she said and told me to turn on my side FACING AWAY!
She then popped a little capsule in my arris and said "Give it ten minutes then go to the toilet". Well me, in my own inimitable way, thought that I would give it 15 ....to be sure!! After that, when the rumbling had started, I painfully got off the bed and awkwardly shuffled to the toilet. When I got there, being only one crapper, it was occupied!! I shouted "Will you be long" and got the reply to "Foxtrot - Oscar". Charming!!Now I knew there was an identical toilet at the end of the ward opposite about 200 yards away, so as best as I could I shuffled all that way clenching my bum in agony all the way. luckily it was vacant.................!!

JJ.