Thread: Flu jabs UK
View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:31

Flu jabs UK

Anyone any knowledge in the area of flu vaccinations.

This year seems Boots and some other pharmacies are offering 4 strain quad vaccines as well as three strain vaccines (NHS one) or they are if you have to pay. By that I mean not 65 by March 2018.

I also read on internet that the 3 strain one is not very effective in over 65s. I'm in my sixties but not eligible yet. For past 5 years I have paid to have one (three strain) at various pharmacies. Some national pharmacies are only offering 3 strain or charging excessive amount for 4 strain quad vaccine. Boots whose standard price is a few pounds extra from the £9 other pharmacies offer will give you the quad vaccine for their same standard price £12.99 starting 18th Sept according to the one I rang up. The one they give to kids as nasal spray which is live attenuated vacine has four strains on it.

Quite a bit on internet and a practice nurse makes her comment on Mums net regarding the choices I read. Seems to be other factors that decide some practices are sticking with previous suppliers supplying 3 strain.

From what i have read on the internet, it appears that this is first year gp practices have had option to supply quad vaccine as NHS vaccination but costs more and the individual practices make the decision. I believe thr quad vaccine was offered previous years at some private travel clinics and known as gold star one.

Sounds on internet that Aussi offers 4 strain one.