View Single Post
Old 7th December 2017, 09:02

FJ, I must say I had not thought of the Ladies Lounge in Waitrose, or wherever. Like many when the current Mrs Selman and I go supermarket shopping we often split up to save time and agree to meet at some designated spot in xx minutes time. This never happens basically because I shop much quicker than she does and I arrive whilst she is still browsing over the merits of which piece of ...... (fill in as required) to buy. This last rule applies to everything in life which I do very much faster than my wife and after 45 years of marriage I have still not totally got used to it. Wandering round our chosen supermarket of Waitrose in Hythe, Kent, finding her is not too hard because it is not that big but on occasion we shop elsewhere and if you are in one of the whoppers it can be a lengthy and annoying process. The accepted method of walking down the middle aisle and looking sideways down the cross aisles almost never works because the despatcher has always just sent her round the far end where she cannot be seen. We supermarket shop on line a lot but if doing a shop in person as often as not I shop on my own as I do not mind the actual shopping but the queueing to pay and the unpacking annoy me. Quite a long answer on what, in theory, is a simple subject!