View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartskipper View Post
Aye Aye Cap'n. I'll just go and find some old braid to sew on my sleeves. I think there's some old stuff in my ditty bag from one of my Grannie's old chintz curtains.

We didn't use thrusters in my last boat. I used to get the deckhand to push on the handrail near the bow if I wanted to go sideways.....
Mind you, that boat handled like a nightmare. If you went from full ahead to full astern, the control lever would come away in your hand,and the rudder would go hard over making the wheel spin really fast and whack you in the shins.
I hope our Chief has everything tight as a drum down below.
Hi Dartskipper, I assume you are the new deckie type person on board so first a few queries/pointers for you

1. Whyfore did your Grannie need to keep her ditties in a bag?
2. Why did she feel the need to give them to you in the first place?
3. All mekan....meckha... meachak.... metal thingies are in first class working order because as Chief Injuneer I make sure all the deckie crowd DON'T TOUCH THEM !!!!...... EVER !!!!!!!!!
4. Controls are operated by push button control.... Green for forwards, blue for sideways and black for backwards... there is also a BIG RED button.... only for use in emergencies... be afraid, be VERY afraid

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Anything God didn't create was made by engineers.

I try so hard to make things idiot proof but they keep making better idiots