Thread: Cataracts
View Single Post
Old 11th August 2023, 23:55

driving License

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Got my left one done last year, went to the Dr for my annual eyesight test for my driving license, [in Aus everyone over 80 must do it or no license} I had my glasses on,he said don't think you will pass next year, I said I have been driving without my glasses for the last two months, he checked my sight without my glasses, he said you have passed and don't need glasses to drive, this after 60 years of using them to drive. I may have to have the other one done shortly, maybe I'' get a pilots job.
Tugger
Here too in Canada, all persons over 80 years of age have to be tested to maintain their driving license. There is no actual road test but a vision test and a cognitive test to see if you are suffering from Alzheimer's. A couple of other small tests one s drawing a clock and putting the hands at 10 to 10. Then there is a video presentation and a short talk about driving and how to enter a highway from an on ramp etc. Think it's a good practice. You don't get your results but a sealed envelope to take to the licensing offce to get your renewal (if passed)