View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kennedy View Post
Phil,
Tony Chan was Ronnie's cousin, I think they called him 'Chungi'. They all had their own chinese style nicknames, and most of them were handsome lads, that being a consequence of them mostly having English mothers and Chinese fathers.
They were all hard as nails as well Phil, I saw three of them take on half a dozen Glasgow neds in the street outside the Barrowlands dance hall, and they totally flattened them.
By the way, did you ever sail with two Wallasey lads in the China, Johnny Barton and Jake Flynn? Both ended up Chief Stewards I believe.

Best Regards,
Pat
Hi Pat,
What a small world. If you are still in touch with them, don't tell Tony I said he was good looking or he'll think I'm gay!! l.o.l
I knew Johnny Barton through the shore-gang and sailed with Jake Flynn in the Peleus when he was Saloon Bobby and I was catering boy. Jake was a great laugh, but watch out if you pissed him off!! Which I managed to do on more than one occasion.
I think Jake was originally from I.O.M if memory serves me right.
Jake also had a cousin named Ralph ? who I sailed with in the Pyrhhus and also became a Ch Steward but not with Bluies.
Regards Phil