View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil saul View Post
Hi Pat,
What a small world. If you are still in touch with them, don't tell Tony I said he was good looking or he'll think I'm gay!! l.o.l
I knew Johnny Barton through the shore-gang and sailed with Jake Flynn in the Peleus when he was Saloon Bobby and I was catering boy. Jake was a great laugh, but watch out if you pissed him off!! Which I managed to do on more than one occasion.
I think Jake was originally from I.O.M if memory serves me right.
Jake also had a cousin named Ralph ? who I sailed with in the Pyrhhus and also became a Ch Steward but not with Bluies.
Regards Phil
Hi Phil,
Sadly I have not seen any of them for many years. I did hear that Ronnie Chan had died some years ago, and as for the rest of that crew, my bet is they all run Chinese restaurants or opium dens in Liverpool.
Jake Finn was a very jolly character, I've got a photo of him somewhere taken in April 1963 in the Navy Club in Wallasey, I will try and dig it out and post it. He always wore a dicky bow for nights out. Him and Johnny B used to drink in the Primrose in Wallasey when on leave. Both good blokes and good company.
Regards,
Pat