View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2017, 17:23

I believe that as the years progress finding and losing develops an inverse progression in that losing becomes easier and finding becomes more difficult, and this is why I subscribe to the theory of parallel universes. These are where upon death one will be consigned to start all over in a new one, and it is into one of those where the tool I put down five minutes ago has migrated in preparation for my demise, although as others here have noted, it is one of the unexplained effects of quantum physics that purchasing a replacement causes the immediate reappearance of the original. This is called "quantum entanglement" and is not my fault.

Another explanation that does occur quite frequently is that the tool last used two months ago and urgently needed now was borrowed by #1 son and never returned, and the loan had been forgotten so a new one had to be bought. This is simply a variant of the parallel universes that one's offspring inhabit, and it is one in which quantum entanglement does not apply.