View Single Post
Old 20th April 2017, 12:43

Now that GD has developed twin hulls do we have to be re-certificated? What of the 'ride quality' I hear these things referred to as vomit comets. With the cost of what we pour down us I wouldn't like to see it again coming the other way.

I note Doncontrols has gone below with Tmac perhaps he will heed my remark on smoke (not sure if Don is on the strength or visiting contractor). Only make smoke when ordered from the bridge. Of course it may be a different effusion to that of the infernal combustion variety its source being indistinguishable from the funnel suite (presumably we now have two funnels therefore two suites to go with same), Sir William? Oh, no. Not two Sir Williams too?

I take it we won't have any argument about who is in command of which hull. Passengers? We have twice the room now but I'm afraid the temperance saloon has been sacrificed in the conversion. Is that a problem?

Captain Steve? As far as I know he has not lowered himself to a trip on the GD he is probably a fleet manager type, Uncle Steve, known for polite telex tutorials from the Kremlin on where he would like us to go and, usually, how quickly. He has often offered us the assistance of a tug named 'Handcart'.

Last edited by Varley; 5th June 2018 at 12:03.