View Single Post
Old 26th October 2017, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac1720 View Post

FYI David, us poor injuneers only have one moth eaten and threadbare boilersuit each and usually are compelled to work "au naturelle" down the pit unless you would care to provide a substantial donation to our clothing fund
In my time, any items donated to the motor room clothing fund inevitably ended up as the ginger beers' best oilies. This included the Skipper's best fleecy lined jacket.
He said he appreciated that boiler suits were better with modifications such as extra ventilation apertures, but that was no reason to burn a hole in the sleeve of his jacket. I suggested that he didn't wear it when it was raining, in future, and then I wouldn't have to hang it up to dry. He replied he couldn't wear it any more, because I "Had burnt a ruddy great hole in the sleeve!!" I suggested that if he had avoided the lumpy bits in the sea, his jacket wouldn't have fallen off its hook and dropped onto the hot exhaust pipe flange, just where it wasn't protected by asbestos rope. I mean, I was only trying to help........