View Single Post
Old 16th July 2018, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomvart View Post
You might find that WE have played a part in this laughable fiasco too, as poorly bounded as it was - the referendum didn't just involve the politicians?

Everything after that - we can lay the blame squarely on our feckless politicians (of all parties).

Although I voted to remain in the referendum (for business reasons), I am now all for getting out and making a clean cut, after all - we joined the EEC, not a federal Europe with its strings being pulled from Berlin.

Perhaps DeGaulle had a point when he refused the UK access to the EEC in 1967!
Parliament (politicians) agreed overwhelmingly to offer the electorate a referendum on our EU status. Remain or leave was the choice, I (we) merely voted on the merits. So although I agree with almost all of your points, I still maintain that the politicians are the ones solely responsible for the mess we're in. We, the great unwashed merely exercised our democratic right to vote.
So without wanting to personalise this debate, the question I'd really like to ask you is,what part did I (we) play in this present sorry situation? Apart from voting against what the establishment wanted and expected.

Last edited by Harlequin; 16th July 2018 at 19:59.