Thread: Able One
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball44 View Post
It says she has a 'Yacht Engine'. What's the difference between that and an engine for a Tug of that size ?
I have been around Motor Yachts since my Father bought his first in 1946 and it is not a term that I have heard before certainly on a vessel of this size as you say, the only thing that springs to mind is that the vessel has an unmanned Main Engine/Engineroom (UMS) like a conventional Motor Yacht or it could be that the vessel is not capable of Towing despite its looks.
I see you are a Kingston Man, have you ever come across a Motor Yacht called 'John Vincent' which was moored in your local Marina many years ago? She is of interest to me.
The chap who owns the Company that has Hartlepool Marina in its Portfolio is very much a Motor Yacht man, he keeps his rather large luxury Yacht at Majorca, very smart it is too, never seen it at Hartlepool

Geoff it all points to Peter Stephenson and he may be the end user, it is not the first time I have come across a new build being built via an Agent.
John Bloom (Rolls Washing Machines) had his luxury ( at that time) Motor Yacht 'AD 1520' built by a friend of mine via an Agent.
Mind you Bloom had been declared Bankrupt.

Last edited by Chadburn; 6th June 2017 at 09:13.