View Single Post
Old 17th May 2023, 12:39

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine Serang View Post
Back after a couple of days in Portrush watching the North West 200 road racing, at 72 ought I invest some of my pension in a Kawasaki? And is it too late to enter the Isle o Man TT this year? Perhaps Lord Lax could be my Agent and have a quiet word with the Lord Leftenant.
Decisions, decisions - go for the Kawasaki young man you have earned your pension.

I, too, have a decision, lesser than yours of course, to make! At eighty tomorrow - should I buy a new tyre for the pushie or buy a new bike?

Wandered into a bike shop the other day - most embarrassing - felt like the old railwayman that I am in shorts and work boots in a RR showroom. Bikes of titanium, carbon fibre and God knows what for $A10,000 and upwards in multiples thereof. Tyres, nose in the air salesman, 'oh no we don't have them on display we have them out the back'. (Probably sealed in plastic and sold in brown paper bags.)

Being a miserable coot, as both my kids and the YMs oft tell me, I will buy a new tyre from some less salubrious bike shop, do the bearings, give the old bike a wash and sprinkle some chain lube around!

No, I don't wear lycra gear either!

Last edited by YM-Mundrabilla; 17th May 2023 at 12:42.