View Single Post
Old 18th May 2023, 04:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM-Mundrabilla View Post
Decisions, decisions - go for the Kawasaki young man you have earned your pension.

I, too, have a decision, lesser than yours of course, to make! At eighty tomorrow - should I buy a new tyre for the pushie or buy a new bike?

Wandered into a bike shop the other day - most embarrassing - felt like the old railwayman that I am in shorts and work boots in a RR showroom. Bikes of titanium, carbon fibre and God knows what for $A10,000 and upwards in multiples thereof. Tyres, nose in the air salesman, 'oh no we don't have them on display we have them out the back'. (Probably sealed in plastic and sold in brown paper bags.)

Being a miserable coot, as both my kids and the YMs oft tell me, I will buy a new tyre from some less salubrious bike shop, do the bearings, give the old bike a wash and sprinkle some chain lube around!

No, I don't wear lycra gear either!
I do, and i will be 81 on June 5th. had full checks at the Docs yesterday and all results are good. Firing on all cylinders. Best thing I ever did was taking up Biking. Great exercize.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20221213054832.jpg (208.8 KB, 18 views)