View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:55

Have to agree with your sentiments mate. My last trip brought it all home for me especially landing at Manchester. we came in hard and hot. hit the deck. brakes on hard we came to a halt a long way from the terminal with engines shut down. after sitting there wondering what had happened I noticed the blue lights flashing on the fire trucks which were surrounding us. after a few more minutes a tug came out to us and towed us into our gate. when we made our return journey we got to Manchester Airport in plenty of time but, It took an age to get through the final baggage check (hand carry) when we eventually managed to reach the departure lounge we had only 15 minutes to wait before boarding. we are talking over three hours from check in to departure lounge. eventually Airborn and on our way to Munich. get off the plane and back on again then take off for singapore. Change planes at singapore and a two hour layover. then take off for Cebu, once again get of and back on again. and finally we land at Davao. Our son met us there and drove us the one hour drive home. we felt like we had been around the world several times. No I dont like flying, nervous passenger me. Anyone ever seen a large plane stop to change a tyre at 35,000FT. I dont mind admitting them there big planes scare the heck out of me......LOL