Thread: Vintage truck
View Single Post
Old 20th June 2018, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post
On talking pictures last night there was an old British Film about truck drivers called: "Hell Drivers."

Made in 1957 (I was 10 when I first saw it) it looks very dated and corny now, but what a cast !! Many of whom went on to become household names:
Stanley Baker (playing the hero, usually played bad guys.)
Herbert Lom (The Human Jungle, went on to become the long suffering Inspector Dreyfus.)
Patrick McGoohan (Danger Man, The Prisoner and a host of other parts.)
William Hartnell (Carry on Sergeant, The Army Game, the first Dr Who.)
Sid James (Nuff said.)
Jill Ireland ( drop dead beautiful, lots of films with her second husband, Charles Bronson.)
Alfie Bass (character actor in many films, also The Army Game and Bootsie and Snudge.)
Gordon Jackson (Upstairs Downstairs, The Professionals and many more.)
David McCallum (one of the Men from UNCLE.)
Sean Connery (Nuff said.)

I kind of like watching those old Brit films just see the vehicles and streets of those days.
I agree Bob, good old monochrome British entertainment. I too enjoy seeing the old films, but always wonder what happened to the actors featured at the end of the cast list under the heading "And introducing xxx...…" You hardly ever see them again!

One well known British character actor who appeared in many war films was Victor Maddern who was a near neighbour to my family in the years around the time I was born in 1951.