Thread: Blocking Forums
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 21:27

"As my colleague has said, we have brought this to the attention of Admin. We have in fact had a post in the cruising thread today wondering why a picture of a cruise ship in Cruising Industry News is not in the gallery, and why so few pictures and comments in the gallery. Therefore, a very different view to those posted on this thread."

Obviously whoever mentioned the fact that a picture from Cruising Industry News was not showing on this site reads Cruising Industry News anyway, (Or how did he/she know it was missing?) Let those who want to read such things go there.
Surely the answer is to ban Automatic Postings to this site then??

Ref 29

"The problem is NOT Cruising Industry News, but the fact that other forums are not being used, or even opened making the situation look worse than it really is. I hope that makes sense"

It'll be nice to see some new threads introduced to this site, Provided they come from within this site, and are contributed to by members.
Cruising Industry News isn't being used. It's being posted to this site on an almost hourly basis, and there are very very few replies That's the problem. And they are external links of little interest to many.
As an aside, I'd really love to work on the ships again, I (Mostly) liked the people I worked with and the seafarers attitude. I have never had any inclination to go on a cruise, mix with cruise people or read about cruising. No more do I want to go sailing, or take my leisure on the water. The water (Sea) is for working on, and having on occasion, a rattling good time.
I just hope I can recall or relive some of those days on sites like this one.

Last edited by Richard; 5th July 2017 at 21:44.