View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 22:04

Dart S
I expect you are aware that the Eagle Oil tankers which Shell had share in, in early days, and took over early 60s changing their names yo nes of Shells are all listed on Shell Helderline site. The Eagle oil tankers were prefixed with San. If you access Shell Helderline site, click on tankers top left, then click on S they should be listed along with some names on crew lists. Kess Helder who owns site, and joined SH a few days ago, also has private collection of more photos and Fleet News.

Also if your late father was on any Western Approaches convoys they were controlled from early 40s from Derby House Liverpool. All the names of ships I believe are on wall. Original room where they plotted on huge map still there along with map.just google Derby House Western Approaches combined convoy control Liverpool. Plenty of photos. I believe the communication equipment was restored in recent years. Original 1930s building outside. Offices above ground but wartime convoy control bunkers with 8' concrete ceiling still there.

There are also convoy reports uploaded on internet. I have spotted the names of Shell tankers and Eagle oil ones on them