View Single Post
Old 26th January 2019, 18:52

I've just upgraded all my Windows 10 working computers to the latest release Version 1809 Build 17763.292. All free of charge as initial upgrade from Windows 7 and above or purchase of Windows 10 was the only required outlay. I have had no problems so far with software and some of mine dates back to Windows 98.

My testing computer, now nearly 10 years old, is running Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18323.1000. This technically is a beta version of the next release. Now it would appear Microsoft intended to upgrade Windows 10 every six months if you look at the Version Numbers, but that is running a few months behind. I find that encouraging because a full system upgrade every six months would mean quite a lot of extra work even for my few hours a week at the village school.

I'm afraid I don't really understand why people are so loathe to upgrade their operating systems given the constant increase in threats and their sophistication. I have yet to have had any major problems and I've upgraded literally dozens of machines, both laptops and desktops in the last few years.

Windows 7 was a good operating system yes. But a distributor and points and carburettors used to work in car as well, but who would go back to those ?