View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-17 View Post
I seem to have lost the plot over the past couple of weeks and feel that we are caught in an eddy, just going round and round in an ever diminishing vortex. Does our navigator know where we are headed? Oh Please! No more bars in Red Light districts. It is impossible to get a decent champers and whilst I am waiting for you chaps I get mistaken for one of the locals.

In future I think I will just stay on the pool deck and have the stewards ply me with champagne and salmon. Though I must say that I could have earned quite a bit of pocket money waiting around for you lot.

Now, can we get going to somewhere exciting? Pulease.
"Where are we going" is your opening question, and the answer, as FJ says, is "everywhere."

Now, navigators like to navigate, much as Chief Knuckles likes to engineer. You see, when we are in port, navigators don't have anything worthwhile to do, because we are somewhere. That's why the Admiral, and the Captain, and other sundry officers and persons of the deck crowd always end up in a small peaceful haven ashore exhibiting a red light at the entrance. All ports and harbours show a red light at the entrance, so it's only natural to go in to explore what delights are available to seafarers who haven't set foot on land since their last port of call. (Harbours also exhibit a green light, but that is another story entirely.) So navigators like to take as long as possible, provided we don't have any cargoes needing urgent delivery, because they enjoy looking at the stars and the sun through brass instruments. (Not the sort you find in an orchestra.)