Go Back   Shipping History > Miscellaneous/Other forum Issues > Computers and The Internet

computer problem

Old 27th July 2018, 03:58

computer problem

Hello. I am having a problem with my monitor. On this site my screen appears to be too small as a fair chunk of whatever I'm looking at has to be brought onto the screen from the right side. This makes it very difficult to read a letter. Any clues as to how I can centralise and reduce the size of the page so that it fits the screen? I only have this problem on SH. Regards and thanks.
Old 27th July 2018, 08:47

You say you only have this problem on SH. I'm assuming you mean the screen is the wrong size using a browser, that all other functions, say the desktop, or other software is ok. That would suggest the problem is with you're browser rather than the monitor.

Can you try another browser ? … or check the 'Zoom' settings on the browser you are using. These are usually available through the browser settings, usually situated from the top right corner of the browser page.

If the sizing is wrong for your desktop and other software try the 'Auto fit' setting on your monitor. This could be a plain button or available via a menu that shows from a button usually on the bottom edge of the monitor, but it varies according to make. This will re-align and reset the monitor to the video input. (I'm assuming you're using a flat screen monitor here.)

Another thing could be screen resolution (again, this will affect everything, not just a particular web site) but best try the others before fiddling with that.
Old 27th July 2018, 12:00

Thanks Bob.11pm here now, off to my scratcher so I will confront this beast in the a.m.
Old 28th July 2018, 02:49

My Monitor [flat screen] has buttons on the side which I used to sometimes hit when reaching over to my printer, moved the printer, haven't had a problem since.
Tugger
Old 29th July 2018, 09:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClay View Post

Can you try another browser ? … or check the 'Zoom' settings on the browser you are using.
Yep, my thoughts as well, browser zoom often needs to be adjusted for new sites you visit... glad browsers remember zoom settings these days
cheers,
Andy
Old 29th July 2018, 11:58

Hold down the Ctrl key and dab the + key or - key and see if that gets you closer to your hearts desire.
Old 29th July 2018, 12:06

Location: Mundrabilla (haha), Melbourne really but I'd rather be in Narvik
Don't know if it will help hold down the Control key and roll the mouse roller at the same time. Should change the image size.