Go Back   Shipping History > Members Area > Say Hello

Help with mystery ship

Old 25th March 2019, 10:49

Help with mystery ship

Hello

I'm in the process of developing hundreds of my father's negatives that he took during his 42 years in the Merchant Navey. He was trained as a photographer and always had a camera with him. So, many of the photographs he took were of ships he saw while onboard: including during his Atlantic crossings during WW2. I've come across one photograph that I thought could be a cable ship. However this is not the case. I can't find it in the book "British Warships: The Royal Navy Completely illustrated and Described".

I've tried to attached the photograph (that is still under copyright) and hope someone can tell me the name of the ship and what is was used for. However it is not clear whether I have succeeded in actually attaching the photograph.

Pam Sq
Old 25th March 2019, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Sq View Post
Hello

I'm in the process of developing hundreds of my father's negatives that he took during his 42 years in the Merchant Navey. He was trained as a photographer and always had a camera with him. So, many of the photographs he took were of ships he saw while onboard: including during his Atlantic crossings during WW2. I've come across one photograph that I thought could be a cable ship. However this is not the case. I can't find it in the book "British Warships: The Royal Navy Completely illustrated and Described".

I've tried to attached the photograph (that is still under copyright) and hope someone can tell me the name of the ship and what is was used for. However it is not clear whether I have succeeded in actually attaching the photograph.

Pam Sq
Hi Pam,

No ship photo on your post as far as I can see.

Howard
Old 25th March 2019, 21:41

Hi Pam. A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please ernjoy all this great site has to offer.
As for your picture. Try again. Click on Advanced then scroll down to mananage attachments, select the image from your desktop or file then click upload. after that, close this window and it should be on your post, then send.
Hope this helps you.
Old 26th March 2019, 09:30
Super Moderator

Welcome Pam and a warm welcome to SH. Bon voyage.